The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
As a (Junior) Product Specialist, you initially will be helping the Product Managers prepare and coordinate each game release, making sure that we are offering the best deal possible and that the deadlines are met. In addition you will be involved in the process of creating game descriptions, gathering extra content for digital download, and maintaining your deliverables list in a fast-changing, high-energy environment. Our keyword is “lfg”.
- Assuring a high quality release for each game.
- Communicating and coordinating releases and projects with partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Preparing storefront pages, including copy, screenshots and metadata.
- Managing games’ pre-launch, as well as supporting and maintaining game updates post-launch.
- Very good organisation skills! You need to be a multi-tasker who knows how to keep dynamic and changing priorities under control.
- Deep knowledge of video games or, even better, being ridiculously passionate about them.
- Ability to hunt down content on the Internet (good google-fu is mandatory).
- Attention to detail (include the keyword in your Cover Letter).
- Ability to think logically and analytically in order to creatively solve problems.
- Problem solving skills: taking initiative and bringing solutions. We like to move things forward at GOG.com rather than get stuck on worrying.
- Good communication skills - you need to be able to work effectively with key stakeholders while also not taking yourself too seriously—you can tell that we don’t. :)
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- A friendly temperament will not hurt. ☺
- 'Hold my beer, I got this!’ attitude.
- Previous experience working in the computer games industry, or a third-level degree (completed studies, or in progress, however, you should be available to work full-time).
- Being a Windows power user and tech-savvy. You can work your way around minor technical difficulties that may arise.
- Experience working with bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience working with task management tools, such as Asana and Trello.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and Cover Letter HERE.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.