If video games have always been your passion, you have a soft spot for PC gaming since your childhood and you have fond memories of all the games previews and reviews that you read as a kid, in addition now as a grown-up, you also follow closely the latest business news dealing with the key actors of the gaming industry (games publishers, developers, digital distribution networks or any other company that is under the spotlights!), you’re the one we’re looking for :).
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and budgeting (P&L) offers for video games publishers to get the worldwide rights to distribute PC, Mac & Linux games on GOG.com.
- Presenting such offers to the involved publishers and negotiating with them all the way until the final signature.
- Maintaining a clear communication line with other departments of GOG.com to let them know about - upcoming titles and cover their possible questions about those.
- Account management: being the main point of contact for a selection of publishers, reviewing our performance with them, ensuring good communication and maintaining a high overall satisfaction.
- Attending trade shows whenever needed to meet ongoing partners and find new business opportunities.
- Being constantly up to date about the latest industry news and digital trends. Identifying and reporting possible business opportunities to the Head of Business Development.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar position. The more international the experience, the better!
- Solid organization skills, combined with an ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Feeling comfortable with maths to budget any business idea or model you have in mind.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must.
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a clear and efficient communication line with other departments of GOG, but also with external partners.
- Analytical mind: ability to consider numerous details at a glance in order to make rock solid decisions.
- Creative thinking and an open-minded approach.
- Solid knowledge of the gaming industry: key players, general trends.
- Past professional experience in the gaming or media industry in a position that required negotiating and eventually licensing content that was made available for sale.
- Familiarity with work productivity tools - we all know how our minds can play tricks on us!
- Previous work experience involving coordination of work between different departments of an organization.
- Experience or a degree in Intellectual Property Law will be a handy skill in daily work.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A competitive salary and great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."