The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of Windows, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support. We’re proud to have millions of members in our community and to be working with more than 500 business partners - including Bethesda, Activision, Disney, EA, Ubisoft and Square Enix among others.
If video games have always been your passion, you have a soft spot for PC gaming since your childhood and you have fond memories of all the games previews and reviews that you read as a kid, in addition now as a grown-up, you also follow closely the latest business news dealing with the key actors of the gaming industry (games publishers, developers, digital distribution networks or any other company that is under the spotlights!), you’re the one we’re looking for :)
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for:
- Contacting selected developers and publishers directly
- Preparing and budgeting (P&L) offers for video games publishers to get the worldwide rights to distribute - Windows, Mac & Linux games on GOG.com - after receiving training
- Maintaining a clear communication line with other departments of GOG.com to let them know about upcoming titles and cover their possible questions about those.
- Account management: being the main point of contact for a selection of publishers, reviewing our performance with them, ensuring good communication and maintaining a high overall satisfaction.
- Being constantly up to date about the latest industry news and digital trends.
- Identifying and reporting possible business opportunities with new or existing games to the Head of Business Development.
- Supporting the BizDev team in daily tasks including organizing workflows between teams.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a business setting. The more international the experience, the better!
- Solid organization skills, combined with an ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a clear and efficient communication line with other departments of GOG, but also with external partners.
- Feeling comfortable with establishing relationships with newly met people.
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite: Powerpoint, Word and especially Excel.
- Analytical mind: ability to consider numerous details at a glance in order to make rock solid decisions.
- Creative thinking and an open-minded approach.
- Passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry: key players, general trends, upcoming titles.
- Past professional experience in the gaming or media industry
- Familiarity with work productivity tools - we all know how our minds can play tricks on us!
- Previous work experience involving coordination of work between different departments of an organization.
- Experience or a degree in Intellectual Property Law will be a handy skill in daily work.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below:
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’