Techland is an independent developer, distributor, and global publisher of AAA games available on PC, Sony Playstation, as well as the Xbox family of devices including Xbox One. The company has operated since 1991 and so far has opened three branches – in Warsaw, Wrocław, and in Ostrów Wielkopolski – where it employs about 400 people all together. Techland's most known productions include Dead Island, Call of Juarez, and Dying Light, all loved by millions of players around the world. You will find more information at the www.techland.net website.
As a Senior Level Designer you will be responsible for creating attractive gameplay and an engaging story for the player to experience.
Your daily tasks:
- designing, building locations, scripting, iterating and optimizing levels/quests in an open world game,
- co–creating and then transforming the project vision into a playable environment,
- close co–operation with a group of specialists from different fields – art, programming, design, audio, animation, etc.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- experience in creating games (at least 5 years of experience or one published AAA project) as a Level Designer / Senior Level Designer,
- ability to design and create a game environment that is engaging and understandable to the player, provides a diverse playthrough and will be attractive and aesthetically believable,
- a good grasp of any editor, regardless of it being Unity, Unreal, RedKit, Cryengine, RoadHog, or Techland's proprietary DevTools,
- understanding how to solve a problem when you hear that "through the indirect leading of the player, we have to make them end up in point X",
- a good sense of what will play well and what will be frustrating,
- willingness to develop our technology and engine in terms of Level Design,
- willingness to work with other people to achieve a common goal,
- willingness to share your knowledge, exchange experiences and think out of the box,
- very good command of English.
Nice to have:
- knowledge of architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modelling, etc.).
What can we offer:
- benefits: private medical care, life insurance, partial lunch financing, social benefit fund, gifts for different occasions, bonuses.
- outstanding work atmosphere
- development: dedicated development budget for each employee, career paths, mentoring program, internal and external trainings, financing of English and Polish classes.