PROJECT MANAGER @ Flatter Than Earth
Want to be a part of an indie team bound for success ?
Once Upon a Puppet is an award winning 2.5D puzzle-platforming game set for release on PC and consoles. It features a mysterious puppet world, a stimulating combination of puzzle-solving & platforming and a beautiful turn of the century theatrical art style.
This is an opportunity for you to help us continue on what has been established so far and imagine the exciting possibilities beyond.
Current Project - Once Upon a Puppet (PAX West 2017 - Official Judge Selection)
In September 2017 we were chosen and offered a front row location at PAX West 2017. A video of the playable demo showcased at the conference over the course of the 4 days can be seen by following the link below.
Note: Mechanics shown in video are from 2017. Current 2018 mechanics have gone through incremental after PAX improvements.
Once Upon a Puppet - PAX Gameplay Video
Previous Project (Unreleased)
Before Once Upon a Puppet, we worked on Puppet Quest.
Puppet Quest - Story/Gameplay Trailer
Who are we looking for ?
Since our current PM might have to leave our Indie "family", we decided to look for a talented Project Manager with solid experience, who would become an essential part of making and shipping Once Upon a Puppet.
We are proud of the game we have made so far and are very much looking forward to building the whole experience in the upcoming months. Come join our small team so that we can together bring puppets back to life for a new audience to enjoy!
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team to establish realistic expectations for timelines, estimates and project deliverables. Establish milestones with team that are tangible and satisfactory to achieve.
- Oversee development efforts on Once Upon a Puppet to keep product development on schedule, within budget, and to specification.
- Facilitate and drive team communication. Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and objectives, and on any subsequent changes.
- Run meetings with the project team to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Cultivate a harmonious and cohesive team, inspire the cooperation and confidence of others and promote the common purpose of the team.
- Help to define and track project development.
- Have the big picture in mind and the steps necessary to achieve it.
- Identify each team member’s talents in order to maximize team performance and ensure efficient milestone completion to teams high standard.
- Help distinguish for the team between high and low priority items, focusing on areas yielding the greatest return and make sound decisions based on what might require a sense of urgency.
- Identify all task interdependencies and coordinate effective use of team members to ensure timely and accurate development flow.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of development tasks to facilitate decisions based on accurate and measurable asset information.
- Ensure the final product is appropriate for the target audience.
- Be creative in a generic and managerial sense.
- Assist in driving business directives for team and company growth.
- 3+ years experience as Project Manager within the game industry. Must have shipped at least 1+ games and been involved in a complete development cycle, start to finish.
- Comfortable with chatting with people and being social. More extroverted then introverted. Choosing video conversation over chat messages.
- Emanate care and passion about the game/product toward the team and external parties.
- Knowledge of game creation methods and how they can help during production.
- Understand game development pipelines.
- Encourage team members to think for themselves but help when necessary.
- Embrace the realities of being Indie with all its pros and “cons”.
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of hardware and software game industry trends.
- Excellent documentation and editing skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google Drive suite tools.
- Marketing experience a big plus.
- SCRUM Agile (or other) methodology experience.
- A desire to learn and be proficient outside of her/his comfort zone.
- Business experience a plus.
- Candidates must be available between 11am-7pm (GMT/UTC +1h)
- Local/Trójmiasto candidates could have access to an office space if needed.
- Job Type: Part/Full-time (minimum 20h per week)
- Salary/Rate: Dependent on knowledge, skill and experience level (Indie restrictions apply)
- This is a minimum 16 months long term b2b contract role with a possible extension
- We are looking for candidates that can start immediately
Please introduce yourself and send your CV/resume & cover letter to Martin(at)FlatterThanEarth.com with subject header: "PM@FTE - Full Name - Current Location"
About Flatter Than Earth
Flatter Than Earth is a Triple-i game development studio located everywhere since most members are working remotely. We are devoted to creating immersive fun fantasy worlds that have gameplay to match. We’re a small team, so everyone here has opportunities to provide feedback and unleash their creativity. Our current project, Once Upon a Puppet aims to capture the attention and unleash the imagination of gamers of all ages. We work in Unity, and we plan to launch on Steam/GOG in Q1 2020 and Consoles soon after.