Vile Monarch, a hard rock games studio from Warsaw, is looking for someone who has great ideas (“Yay, finally something for me!”) and knows how to get shit done (“Oh, too bad…”). Currently the Monarch leads about 40 minions, including some veterans (who worked on This War of Mine, Dying Light, The Witcher series or Hard West) and in the five years of his reign shipped 4 successful games, conquering PC, Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
- Crush Your Enemies - multiplatform bite-sized RTS
- Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator - hit party game based on building absurd sentences
- Oh...Sir! Hollywood Roast - a spin-off in the world of film
- Weedcraft Inc - big and ambitious tycoon game about the marijuana industry published by Devolver Digital
Vile Monarch feeds on creativity - we love making fresh things of different sizes, for different platforms, in different genres. We focus on compelling fantasies served through expertly designed game systems. Currently we’re working on several new titles, including a beautiful and surprising casual game, ambitious city builder, and an unusual management game.
- Experience in game design - finished projects!
- Empathy and understanding the audience, creating approachable, elegant mechanics
- Thorough knowledge of office tools, especially spreadsheets
- Ability to briefly and precisely communicate ideas, tidiness and regime in documentation
- Discipline and self-reliance, organized work style
- Very good English, both spoken and written
- Willingness to work full-time in Warsaw
- Love for games, knowledge of various platforms and genres
Nice to have
- Participation in projects in genres such as management, sim or strategy
- Narrative design experience
- Prior work in Unity
- UX design experience
- Love for beer, rock music and ironic appreciation of Disco Polo
- Fair salary
- Important role in an ambitious game (or games!). We aim for compact, mid-scale projects (1-2 years of development, 10-30 people)
- Stable full-time job with flexible work hours
- Working in a comfortable, air-conditioned office close to a metro station (Dworzec Gdański). Bonus: it’s on the 23rd floor, so the view is stunning.
- Because of the pandemic it’s possible to work from home until things will be stable again.
- Encouragement for self-development: you’ll work with experienced developers, and will have a chance to participate in sponsored conference trips. There is also a library of design books and scheduled talks about design theory.
- Emphasis on mutual care and mental health (including professional support)
- Very informal, friendly atmosphere - gaming and partying together, company trips, a fridge full of beer
Private medical care, MultiSport benefit cards
So you think this is something for you? Send us your résumé with a sample of your code to email@example.com along with this GDPR bit:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in the recruitment process for the position indicated in the job offer published by the company Vile Monarch Sp. z o. o. Sp. k.".
If you are also interested in participating in future recruitment processes, please also include the following consent:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in future recruitment processes organized by the company Vile Monarch Sp. z o. o. Sp. k.".