People are fundamental to our success. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer (PHP). New person will join one of our chapters whose members are part of cross-functional product squads responsible for developing core services for the GOG ecosystem. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other game developers on delivering best gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Team management: participation in recruitment process, onboarding new employees, coaching, increasing engagement and development initiatives, defining performance metrics.
- Lead the team in developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Lead the team in writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Supporting team members at work.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Experience in a position related to managing backend teams in the IT industry.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills, both technical and business-level.
- Problem-solving and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services.
- Good knowledge of PHP7.
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Understanding of software development best practices: design patterns, continuous integration, code review, unit testing.
- Experience in working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Adaptiveness, as we always seek for the best ideas and ways of doing things, which means changes.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Knowledge of Java, Node.JS, Golang, Kotlin.
- Familiarity with Symfony in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache, Redis).
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What do we offer?
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV in English here.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."