People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
- Designing new approaches, concepts, models, and processes.
- Focusing on game mechanics and maintaining global gameplay balance.
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offering solutions.
- Collecting and processing player data and feedback to make project-wide decisions.
- Working with the Game Director to support the creative vision, long-term design goals, and maintain the quality of the game’s design and content.
- Working with producers to determine tasks and schedules and collaborating on game design documentation, writing proposals and final docs for all aspects of the game's design.
- Previous experience on a similar position.
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in-depth understanding of major elements of game design
- The ability to communicate well across disciplines; excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, mechanics, and ideas
- Proven successes in creating compelling and fun gameplay, scenarios, and encounters
- Self-motivated, hard worker with a team-focused attitude and ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working (rapid prototyping) with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming is a plus
- Shipped-title experience
- Previous experience in leading feature/strike teams
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities