Odd Qubit is fresh in the industry, with a goal of bringing top quality stories and entertainment to PC and consoles. Our first, exciting project is Brave New Eden - an epic science fiction adventure about restoring life on Earth after an ecological apocalypse, and an intimate story about embracing responsibility.
We’re in the early stage of the project and the opportunities are as big as the challenges. And so is the satisfaction of being one of the founding fathers or mothers!
The game is a stylized, non-violent FPP game with procedurally generated biomes and brutalist architecture. We’re looking for a person with a wide knowledge, who can work within a small team to achieve outstanding results. And grow together with the studio!
What’s the job?
- working together with game director and art director to create a compelling vision for the game
- creating a visually stunning, stylized world that feels adventurous and mysterious
- populating that world with creative, procedurally generated biome assets
- Designing, prototyping and optimizing content and features
- Designing tools, pipelines and documentation for artists
- Designing and optimizing assets, lights, VFX, UI elements, shaders and postprocesses
- Prioritizing work, problem-solving, taking initiative, anticipating trouble, meeting deadlines
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
- At least 3 years in the industry as an environment artist / technical artist UE4 / 3D Generalist, at least two shipped titles
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- A lot of experience with different fields - 3D modelling, VFX, lighting, shading, rendering, UI, UX. Doesn’t have to be super-deep, but has to be wide.
- Preference in stylized graphics (grown-up stylized, not a cartoon)
- Passion for games
- Being a nice person who gets stuff done
- Houdini - we want to get Houdini Engine onboard as fast as possible and work with procedurally generated content, so this will definitely be a huge plus
- Experience with open-world games
- Experience with perforce
- leaving your personal mark on our own IP project from the very beginning
- depending on your skills and experience - 5000 - 10000 zł netto B2B / UoD
- remote working so far, but in few months an office in Warsaw
- flexible working hours (core 11-16)