Vile Monarch, a hard rock games studio from Warsaw, is looking for someone who has great ideas (“Yay, finally something for me!”) and knows how to get shit done (“Oh, too bad…”). Currently, the Monarch leads about 65 minions, including some veterans (who worked on This War of Mine, Dying Light, The Witcher series or Hard West) that in 6 years worked on 5 different games, conquering PC, Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
- Growing Up - upcoming life sim with visual novel elements, standing out with its unique art and mature take on childhood/parenting
- Weedcraft Inc - ambitious tycoon game about the marijuana industry
- Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator series - hit party game based on building absurd sentences and its movie-inspired spin-off
- Crush Your Enemies - multiplatform bite-sized RTS
Vile Monarch feeds on creativity - we love making fresh things of different sizes, for different platforms, in different genres. We focus on compelling fantasies served through expertly designed game systems. Currently we’re working on several unannounced titles: each very different, there’s realism and fantasy among them, humor and maturity, 3D art and 2D. The biggest one is an ambitious city builder. We need a gameplay or system designer with experience in designing 3D games and complex systems. We need a man or a woman who will take full responsibility for large features: that means concept, communication with coders and artists, tests, balance, polish, potentially managing other designers.
- Experience in game design - finished projects and at least 3 years working on design positions
- Proficiency in system design (for example stuff related to economy, crafting, resource management or progression)
- Thorough knowledge of office tools, especially spreadsheets
- Empathy and understanding the audience, creating approachable, elegant mechanics
- Ability to briefly and precisely communicate ideas, tidiness, and regime in documentation
- Discipline and self-reliance, organized work style
- Very good English, both spoken and written
- Staying in touch with our HQ in Warsaw on a daily basis
- Love for games, knowledge of various platforms and genres
Nice to have
- Experience in managing teams of designers or other developers
- Participation in projects in genres such as management, sim or strategy
- Prior work in Unity
- UX design experience
- Willingness to work fully in Warsaw
- Love for beer, rock music and having embarrassing tattoos.
- Fair salary
- Important role in an ambitious game (or games!). We aim for compact, mid-scale projects (1-2 years of development, 10-30 people)
- Stable job with flexible work hours
- Working in a comfortable, air-conditioned office close to a metro station (Dworzec Gdański). Bonus: it’s on the 23rd floor, so the view is stunning.
- Encouragement for self-development: you’ll work with experienced developers, and will have a chance to participate in sponsored conference trips. There is also a library of design books and scheduled talks about design theory.
- Emphasis on mutual care and mental health (including professional support)
- Very informal, friendly atmosphere - gaming and partying together, company trips, a fridge full of beer
- Private medical care, MultiSport benefit cards
So you think this is something for you? Send us your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org along with this GDPR bit:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in the recruitment process for the position indicated in the job offer published by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o.o.".
If you are also interested in participating in future recruitment processes, please also include the following consent:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in future recruitment processes organized by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o.o.".