Vile Monarch, a hard rock games studio from Warsaw, is looking for someone who has great ideas (“Yay, finally something for me!”) and knows how to get shit done (“Oh, too bad…”) especially in Unreal Engine. Currently, more than 75 royal followers reign in the studio, including veterans (who worked on This War of Mine, The Witcher series, Dying Light or Hard West), that in 6 years worked on 5 different games, conquering PC, Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.
- Growing Up - upcoming life sim with visual novel elements, standing out with its unique art and mature take on childhood/parenting
- Weedcraft Inc - ambitious tycoon game about the marijuana industry
- Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator series - hit party game based on building absurd sentences and its movie-inspired spin-off
- Crush Your Enemies - multiplatform bite-sized RTS
Vile Monarch feeds on creativity - we love making fresh things of different sizes, for different platforms, in different genres. We focus on compelling fantasies served through expertly designed game systems. Currently, we’re working on several unannounced titles: each very different, there’s realism and fantasy among them, humor and maturity, 3D art, and 2D. The biggest one is an ambitious city builder. We need a man or a woman who can use existing mechanics to create kick-ass content that will realize design goals, creating balanced dynamics and interesting narration in a colony builder genre.
- Designing new game changing enemy templates and cooperating with programmers on implementing them
- Creating and balancing interesting buildings and units using datatables
- Setting up quests (start, fail, and success conditions as well as reward or punishment effects) and entire scenarios using Blueprints.
- Experience in game design, especially implementation and content design - finished projects!
- Proficiency in using Unreal Engine 4 - including using Level Editor, Blueprints, Data tables
- Knowledge of office tools, especially spreadsheets
- Empathy and understanding the audience, creating content that fits a game atmosphere and theme
- Ability to briefly and precisely communicate ideas, tidiness, and regime in documentation as well as tracking content creation pipelines
- Discipline and self-reliance, organized work style
- Very good English, both spoken and written
- Staying in touch with our HQ in Warsaw on a daily basis
- Love for games, knowledge of various platforms and genres
Nice to have
- System design skills
- Knowledge of UE4 features such as Behavior Trees, UMG, Gameplay Ability System
- Participation in projects in genres such as management, sim or strategy
- Prior work in Unity Engine
- Willingness to work fully in Warsaw or Wrocław
- Love for beer, rock music and gopnik lifestyle
- Fair salary
- An important role in an ambitious game (or games!). We aim for compact, mid-scale projects (1-2 years of development, 10-30 people)
- A stable job with flexible work hours
- Working in a comfortable office close to a metro station (Dworzec Gdański), overlooking the whole of Warsaw
- … OR in the heart of Wrocław, among universities and beautiful old townhouses (plac Grunwaldzki)
- Encouragement for self-development: we often sponsor conference attendance, organize in-house lectures, and have a library of specialistic books
- Company lectures and workshops about game design
- Emphasis on mutual care and mental health (including professional support)
- Very informal, friendly atmosphere - gaming and partying together, company trips, a fridge full of beer
- Private medical care, MultiSport benefit cards
So you think this is something for you? Send us your résumé including a showcase of your Unreal skills (the best way will be UE4 project or video reel) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with this GDPR bit:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in the recruitment process for the position indicated in the job offer published by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o. o.".
If you are also interested in participating in future recruitment processes, please also include the following consent:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in future recruitment processes organized by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o. o.".