We are Ten Square Games, and we specialize in free-to-play hobby apps. Our flagship title is Fishing Clash – one of the world's most popular 3D simulators. Our other products let you enjoy realistic animal tracking and lofty endeavors in the sky. We strive to give gamers the best possible outdoor experience on their mobiles, so we are continuously improving our products and expanding our portfolio.
In just ten years, we have grown from a small collection of tech-enthusiasts to one of the top-quoted game dev enterprises listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (2020 revenue: EUR 127 million). This was only possible thanks to our 400+ experts employed in four studios located in Poland, Germany, Romania and Italy.
We create a talent-first workplace with a solid feedbacking culture where people are given autonomy and ownership over their domains. This helps us stay creative and gives us the courage to explore. No holds barred!
- leading a team of 5-10 backend developers working in the squads of a single product;
- working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team;
- directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications;
- connecting people, teams, technology to help them relate;
- acting as the developers' advocate;
- prototyping and bringing to life any new game ideas along with your team;
- shredding the box and trying to rethink how things are done;
- actively contributing towards the best practice of reliability and availability;
- collaborating with a cross-functional team to achieve the best possible quality of our products;
- identifying, locating, and resolving problems;
- providing technical leadership in backend technologies (currently OpenJDK 15, Redis 6 (in cluster setup), Jedis, PostgreSQL 12, Google Protocol Buffers, Netty, Jenkins, Gitlab, Harbor, JFrog, Sonar and many more – join us and put your vote in choosing the tech stack we work with);
- finding cross-product solutions and, with the help of other experts, being able to implement them;
- having an impact on the tech stack used in the company, trying new "stuff";
- co-creating an environment of active information exchange between project teams;
- supporting developers' self-development, coaching and mentoring them;
- supporting the team with knowledge of the Agile methodology;
- motivating and supporting the team in achieving set goals;
- actively contributing to game design discussions.
- 8+ years of experience in server-side Java programming along with concurrency handling and distributed systems of high traffic;
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position(s);
- experience with developing IT and cloud infrastructure;
- highly committed and passionate about getting things done autonomously;
- willingness to work as part of a team and having an open-minded attitude towards your colleagues and their work;
- clear and open communication on the needs, wants and ideas;
- true passion for games;
- very good English and willingness to work in an international environment;
- excellent analytical skills and the ability to see the connections between layers of business operations;
- solid understanding of design patterns and application levels;
- experience in agile methodologies;
- experience with microservices & cloud technologies.
Amaze us with:
- experience in Redis and/or PostgreSQL databases;
- knowledge of data serialization in client-server communication;
- understanding the DevOps tools and technologies;
- experience in working with mobile apps;
- knowledge of JIRA/Confluence or related software.
- direct impact on the final product and business direction;
- autonomy mode and freedom of making partnership decisions;
- a friendly and mature working atmosphere.
- safe environment and setting that boost your EXP points and skills;
- communities of practice and educational books of your choice;
- conferences and themed events.
- working hardware matters – win or mac – take your pick;
- attractive remuneration based on experience and skills;
- easy accessible modern office in the center of Wrocław.
- private medical care, a life insurance program and a Multisport card;
- free lunch days, fresh fruits, refreshments in the office;
- assistance in relocation for you and your family and a relocation package.