We're looking for an experienced Narrative Designer / Writer to help us deliver a beautiful, story-driven game!
We're The Rat Project, a studio working on Magin: The Rat Project Stories
- a CV that draws attention.
- Samples of your work – links to your creations, screenplays/script excerpts, novel/graphic novel excerpts, fragments of dialogues from the games you've worked on, etc. We are looking for awesome examples of your stories that give us chills and prove your skill.
- Experience in writing fiction in games, especially indie; fantasy, adventure, action genres.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in writing branching/non-linear dialogue for games.
- Experience in game dev and in using a game engine.
- Creativity and a great sense of narrative design, quest design.
- High level of flexibility with regard to change in direction or rewrites.
- Ability to feel the vibe of the game's story from the get-go, jump straight into our game's world.
- Efficient organization and communication skills with the ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule.
- General self-management and a sense of responsibility.
Nice to have
- Experience in Articy.
- Experience in Unity.
- Experience developing stories within an existing IP.
- Experience writing dialogues for both non-voiced and voiced characters in at least one shipped game.
- Experience in writing comic books.
- Strong research skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends in interactive storytelling.
- Theoretical knowledge of narrative design and scriptwriting.
- Holistic approach to the production of the game's narrative and all of its aspects.
- Basing on our story draft, write and revise game episodes, story arcs, texts, dialogues and quests, working closely with the whole team.
- Help maintain the consistency and integrity of the characters, story and lore in the game's writing.
- Manage, iterate and plan the game’s dialogues, characters, and storylines.
- Estimate your work input, plan the tasks, and deliver them on time.
- Work in Articy on the game's story draft and events logic.
- Actively participate in the world-building and conceptual design of the game's universe.
- Produce the game's full story draft with arcs, events, interactions, dialogues planned and written.
20.000 - 35.000 pln net for the whole contract depending on the skill level and the form of cooperation.
(We're estimating ~ 4 months of work needed to get the job done).
We're totally open for professionals looking for a part-time / side job.
There's a possibility to continue working on our team for the next contract or a full-time job after this one.
- Fully remote work with flexible hours.
- Stress-free environment, ambitious and helpful team members.
- Beautiful, story-driven game project that highlights your work.
- Real impact on the game's final shape.
Magin: The Rat Project Stories
Our game is a story-driven card battler. Adventure RPG elements intertwine with the deck-building system, creating engaging gameplay and narrative experience where the choices really matter. The game presents a dark, fantasy world through a branching storyline, depicted in a comic-book art style. It’s a hand-drawn, immersive tale.
If you think you're matching the skillset required to work with us, please do reply to this post - we're sure we'll get along quickly and match your expectations too.