People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini – new project with Square Enix; Projects Dagger, Bifrost and Victoria to be released in the self-publishing model; and a project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Providing mentorship, direction and best in class engineering principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Mentoring, managing and leading the Engine programming department.
- Conducting regular code reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solve problems.
- Working with production team to plan development and provide tasks assignment to programmers team schedule.
- Maintaining and extending the existing PCF Framework (PCFF) and tools in cooperation with other internal studios or programmers.
- Analyzing the requirements of the game teams and define the required functionalities and engine systems that must be developed to support them.
- Testing existing systems and propose new systems and features implementations.
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing and documenting implementations and setting a documentation standard for the Engineering Team.
- Staying up to date with features from other engines and provide expertise about possible implementations.
- Conducting consistent performance reviews of staff members.
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration.
- Minimum 10 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading/coordinating work of programmers team.
- At least 2 shipped AAA projects from start to finish with credits as a programmer.
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills.
- Excellent C++ knowledge.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Excellent math and/or physics skills.
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems.
- Experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence).
- Proficiency with Swarm and Perforce.
- Work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open-minded team player attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Passionate about playing and making video games.
Nice to have
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
- Scrum certification.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.