Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Character Artist, your main responsibility will be to create 3D characters for our next big title.
Your daily tasks:
- Creating and modifying 3D models of characters - humans, and monsters, working directly with the Lead
- Character Artist and the Art Director, with the direction of your work being detailed by the Art Guide.
- Creating character 3D models according to defined technical and artistic requirements and ensuring the quality of implemented models.
- Creating and modifying materials and textures for characters.
- Implementing your models inside our in-house technology, the C-Engine.
- Presenting the effects of your work and efficiently justifying your project decisions.
- Being a part of a competent, interdisciplinary team creating characters.
- Learning our internal tools.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- at least 2 years of experience in creating realistic 3D models and textures of characters (using Zbrush, 3Dsmax/Maya/Blender, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, and Adobe Photoshop) for AAA projects.
- considerable skills in Zbrush, 3ds Max or Maya or Blender.
- considerable skills in creating materials and textures for character models using Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- good understanding of human anatomy.
- experience working with Marvelous Designer, Wrap3D.
- experience with game engines (like the Unreal Engine, Unity or other in-house game engines).
- talent and creativity - characters created by you tell a story and are realistic, authentic and full of love.
- curiosity about the game world - you want to see the effects of your work come to life in the game.
- very good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, partial lunch financing, gifts for different occasions, bonuses
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office)