Vile Monarch, a hard rock games studio from Warsaw, is looking for someone who wields the ancient secrets of order and tidiness in naturally chaotic and filthy game projects. Currently almost 80 royal followers reign in the studio, including veterans (who worked on This War of Mine, The Witcher series, Dying Light or Hard West), that in 8 years shipped 6 successful games, conquering PC, Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
- Crush Your Enemies - multiplatform bite-sized RTS
- Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator - hit party game based on building absurd sentences
- Oh...Sir! Hollywood Roast - a spin-off in the world of film
- Weedcraft Inc - an insightful business simulator about the marijuana industry
- Growing Up - a coming-of-age life-sim with visual novel elements, standing out with its unique art and mature take on childhood/parenting
- Floodland - a post-catastrophic survival city builder - or a “society builder”, as it’s a game that uses management mechanics to discuss social issues through the lense of a major catastrophe triggered by climate change.
Vile Monarch feeds on creativity - we love making fresh things of different sizes, for different platforms, in different genres. We focus on compelling fantasies served through expertly designed game systems. Currently we’re working on one announced title:
The Last Alchemist - A wondrous Alchemy Management game about the blazing pursuit of science in a world of superstition
Obviously in our Vile Court there is always an unannounced title as well as many great ideas waiting for their time: each very different, there’s realism and fantasy among them, humor and maturity, 3D art and 2D.
We need a versatile, multi-tasking chaos tamer, who'd grease the cogs of the infernal game-making machine.
- Perfecting our production methodology and leading its implementation
- Co-creating, enforcing and updating the project plan
- Tracking the progression of work, identifying problems and opportunities
- Reflecting the project's state in a project management tool
- Facilitating communication within and between departments
- Managing outsource work
- Finished projects as a producer or in other management roles
- Thorough knowledge of project management - methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and tools (e.g. Jira)
- Proficiency in Office tools, love for sheets, tables and charts
- Excellent communication skills
- A discipline and self-reliance, organized work style
- Very good English, both spoken and written
- Willingness to work full-time in Warsaw or remotely
- Love for games, knowledge of various platforms and genres
Nice to have:
- Experience on non-management gamedev positions, such as design, programming or art
- Leadership experience
- Previous management work on projects bigger than 10 people
- Love beer, rock music and have a really decent slav squat
Our recruitment process:
- First general interview (with our recruiter)
- Recruitment task
- Second technical interview
- Fair salary
- Important role in an ambitious game (or games!). We aim for compact, mid-scale projects (1-2 years of development, 10-30 people)
- Stable full-time job with flexible work hours
- Working in a comfortable, air-conditioned office close to a metro station (Dworzec Gdański). Bonus: it's on the 23rd floor, so the view is stunning.
- Encouragement for self-development: we often sponsor conference attendance, organize in-house lectures and have a library of specialistic books.
- Emphasis on mutual care and mental health (including professional support)
- Very informal, friendly atmosphere - gaming and partying together, company trips, a fridge full of beer
- Private medical care, MultiSport benefit cards
So you think this is something for you? Send us your résumé along with this GDPR bit by applying to the link below
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in the recruitment process for the position indicated in the job offer published by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o. o.".
If you are also interested in participating in future recruitment processes, please also include the following consent:
"I hereby agree to the use of my personal data included in the recruitment application (including CV) in future recruitment processes organized by the company Vile Monarch Studios Sp. z o. o.".