beffio studio - https://www.beffio.com
Job type: Permanent / Remotly
Epic Technical Artist
Ready to bring your A-game and build worlds with us? At Beffio, we're on a quest to find a legendary Technical Artist who can level up our game development projects. You'll be wielding your extensive experience in crafting art pipelines and battling the toughest challenges in the 3D asset pipeline.
- Forge powerful art pipelines and assist in the creation, processing, and maintenance of game assets from inception.
- Tackle the beasts of technical issues lurking in the 3D asset pipeline.
- Incorporate the wisdom of the Art Director and other Leads into your magical artifact – the project.
- Learn and adapt to new spells and techniques to overcome the constraints of production.
- Speak the language of both in-house and outsource teams, conveying the specific needs for asset production and delivery.
- Use your clairvoyance to identify and solve problems before they affect your party – the development team.
- Innovate and bring solutions to technical challenges throughout the journey.
- Implement new techniques that level up art quality and efficiency across disciplines.
- Collaborate effectively with other guilds (art and programming teams) to share your solutions.
- Provide hands-on support for your fellow artists and engineers to ensure optimal performance and top-tier art quality.
- Mastery in at least one 3D program (Blende - optional 3ds Max, Maya).
- 3D modeling skills for creating diverse game environments, props, weapons, characters, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with real-time engines like Unreal, Unity etc.
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Artist with understanding of engines and art pipelines.
- Familiarity with the lore of video game development processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of rendering budgets and other technical constraints in real-time engines.
- Problem-solving skills, both creative and technical.
- Experience with source control management.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.
- A positive spirit and an ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of game scripting language (Blueprinting preferred).
- Experience in VFX, Lighting or Shader development.
- Interest or knowledge of Houdini (proceduralism and automatization).
- 3D sculpting skills (Zbrush or Mudbox).
- PBR texturing experience.
- Ability to create scripts and tools in MEL, Python, C#, etc.
- Experience with game engines like Unreal or Unity3D.
- Experience with 3D tools and technologies.
Our Guild Offers:
- Access to an armory of the latest technologies.
- Flexible questing hours with core hours between 10:00-15:00.
- Stable employment conditions.
- Help with relocation to our base of operations.
- Annual guild retreat.
- A diverse and international guild culture.
- A convenient city center location surrounded by epic eateries.
- A modern, creatively inspiring guildhall.
- A friendly, relaxed atmosphere, and a library of art books.
- The chance to work with some of the biggest names in the gaming industry.
- Opportunities to attend premium conferences and workshops worldwide.
- Refreshments, snacks, and a chillout zone for when you need to restore your HP.
- Regular guild parties and Foosball matches (we’ve got some seriously skilled players).
- Possibility to quest from home or work remotely, as well as in the office (discussed individually).
- 20+ days of paid holidays.
- Flexible contract arrangements, including B2B.
So, are you ready to join our guild and embark on an epic journey in the gaming industry? Apply now and let's create extraordinary gaming experiences together!
How to Apply
Please send resumes and a link to your portfolio using the form here: https://careers.beffio.com/jobs/2453107-technical-artist
We’re waiting for you!
About the Company
Beffio is a creative tech studio working at the intersection of design, art & technology to deliver best-in-class, advanced real-time 3D solutions for commercial purposes, including advertising, automotive, gaming, artificial intelligence & film industries.
At the heart of beffio studio are talented, passionate people. Beffio prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning assets or crafting entire 3D worlds which enable visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. We had the privilege to work with some of the biggest players in the industry, such as Nvidia, Mercedes-Benz, Google, Bloober Team, Platige Image, Nike, Square-Enix, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, BMW, and more.