<This is fine meme> - this one picture is worth more than a thousand words in terms of the Release Manager job :D Yet, it's still one of the most crucial roles within the video game publishing process. As we are growing we need an extra pair of hands to help us with pushing all necessary buttons on Steam and other fancy Console storefronts.
Untold Tales in a nutshell? Three years on the market (though it's been quite challenging recently) with both notable and smaller successes. Yet, we are always looking forward. With over 30 games in the portfolio and 20 team members worldwide, our mission remains constant - bringing fun to life through captivating stories hidden within video games.
We’re intentionally not listing X years of experience or a specific professional profile. We are looking for either junior, mid or senior candidates.
Your main storyline includes quests like:
- Managing our accounts&products on 1st party storefronts. You know how to crack every nitty-gritty detail of the process, cooldowns etc.
- Collaborate with management, producers, QA teams, marketing and development teams to devise release plans and comprehend the specific needs of each game.
- Execute the submission process across all gaming platforms and storefronts (PC and Consoles), ensuring timely provision of all required information for certification.
- Engage in direct communication with platform holders to resolve any inquiries or issues arising during the submission process.
- Take on the responsibility of planning, tracking, and maintaining a release log encompassing all scheduled activities across clients, ensuring up-to-date information on releases, timelines, and upcoming projects in the short- and long-term.
- Oversee game store page submissions and updates, ensuring preparedness to meet platform deadlines.
- Actively manage and resolve risks and issues that could potentially impact release schedule plans.
- Monitor releases from a technical standpoint, utilizing error reporting to highlight issues to the development teams for addressal in subsequent releases.
- Foster active communication to ensure alignment and share new platform opportunities both internally and externally.
- Oversee age rating certification and secure personal data compliance sign-off on platforms.
- Proactively propose changes to enhance release management processes and further reduce associated risks.
Some of the optional side quests:
- Playing and providing feedback to our games in development and in evaluation.
- Everything not listed above that you will find attractive to do in the publishing area.
- Contributing to team decisions, brainstorms, and social meetings.
What we expect from our Release Manager:
- Proven experience in video game operations/release management.
- Excellent understanding/practical knowledge of 1st party storefronts.
- Business and strategic thinking.
- Good organization and time management ability.
- Being a gamer passionate about video games.
- Having a strong command of English both written and spoken (Polish is not required - we’ll even teach you all the good swears words to make you feel included).
This is a full-time role based in Poland - onsite (Wroclaw) or remote as options.
We’re offering you the joy of bringing some truly unique games to life. We pride ourselves on signing titles that have something worth sharing and deserve a spotlight. We’ve created an environment where we all are respected, listened to and where team’s feedback plays a major role in our publishing decisions. We’re offering a friendly and casual atmosphere with diverse and interesting projects co-created with developers from around the world. We are not a corporation and we put our people before any product. We all have families, pets, hobbies and passions -- and we believe work should never overwhelm them.
We do not set strict guidelines and salary ranges. We are open to negotiation to ensure you get what you feel you deserve. We reserve the right to answer only selected applications.
Please contact us!