You no longer have to choose between independence of a start-up and stability of a corporation. We have it all. Together with the Sumo Group, we build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world's biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. You can do it with us! At PixelAnt Games you will work in a great atmosphere, with experts who trust you. They will give you the opportunity for growth, honest feedback and space for mistakes.
We’re still quite small, but growing smart. If you want to create the future of PixelAnt Games, now is a great time to join.
As a Writer @ PixelAnt Games you will be:
- Working as a part of a team developing story-driven, FPP, single player AA+ game
- Giving the finished plot frame its final shape by writing out radio dialogues, cutscenes and additional content to the story
- Maintain narrative consistency and relevance by working closely with the gameplay designers and narrative director through the entire development
What We Need You To Have:
- Knowledge of the writing craft, especially the ability to write concise and natural dialogue that builds character. An understanding of drama at story and scene level
- Knowledge of the specifics of narrative development in games - understanding player's motivation, immersiveness, knowledge of the means of expression used in modern video games and the constraints imposed by the medium
- Excellent understanding of the role of narrative in the context of the experience that is the game
- Ability to design story-driven gameplay
- Ability to collaborate and fit into an existing storytelling framework, ability to follow the created vision
- Ability to collaborate with gameplay designers to achieve a cohesive result
- The required skills should be evidenced by a minimum of 1 published game title with a significant story element and a positive rating in the industry
- Proficiency in Polish language
- Proficiency in English (at least B2), although the core work will be created in Polish
- Experience as a film scriptwriter is welcome
What We Offer:
- Possibility to work on our own IP (AA+, UE5) with one-year contract with the option of extension
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (team-building events, charity engagement)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- ...and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.