My name is Ola and it is my pleasure to build the HR strategy at PixelAnt Games – a video games company that is a part of Sumo Digital based in the UK.
I'm looking for a Senior/Regular HR & Payroll Specialist to join my team and I would like to briefly describe who we are and how we work :)
Let's start with things you can expect:
• You will have the opportunity to build a business based on real values. For us, values are not just icons we put on the office walls – they are our guidelines for everyday decisions. In your role as an HR & Payroll Specialist, you will have an impact on shaping policies within our organization. We think it’s a superpower :)
• You will have the opportunity to work independently while receiving continuous support. Sumo Group is always here to support you with their knowledge, experience, wisdom, and expertise. Additionally, we collaborate with exceptional lawyers who have been with our organization since the beginning and assist us with legal matters whenever needed.
• You will have the opportunity to co-create employee-friendly policies and procedures. At our organization, implementing regulations is not just about sending an attachment via email. We emphasize meetings with employees, open communication, and providing support for employees to understand the complexities of Polish labor law.
• Keeping on growing yourself and your skills is one of our values. That's why, beyond the day-to-day tasks arising from our responsibilities as an employer and the strict deadlines we adhere to, you will have the opportunity to engage in project work - proposing internal policies, procedures, improvements, etc.
THE SCOPE OF YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Guiding new employees through the employment process.
- Preparation of employment documentation (employment contracts, annexes and any other HR-related documents).
- Ensuring compliance with labour law and HR policies.
- Creating and implementing procedures, regulations and internal legal acts and preparation of related presentations for employees.
- Providing expertise on all pre-payroll and payroll processes and responding to all internal payroll queries.
- Being responsible for accurate and timely delivery of payroll data to the accounting office.
- Cooperation with the external Accounting Office (possibly taking over and leading this area in the future).
- Being responsible for travel expense reimbursement.
- Searching for opportunities to automate processes to strengthen efficiencies that allow the processes to scale.
- Cooperating with external vendors and service providers related to employment, employee benefits, and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
- Administration of employee benefits and assisting employees with benefit-related inquiries and claims.
- Conducting personal administration in line with all legal regulations.
- Employee Capital Plans support.
- Monitoring the validity of medical examinations and Occupational Health and safety training.
- Serving as the point of contact for Sumo Group in matters related to labour law, regulations, employment contracts etc.
THE ROLE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience in an independent position in the HR or payroll team or the accounting office.
- You have a bachelor’s or master's degree, preferably in HRM, Labour Law, accounting or related.
- You have gone through the growth process of your organization and you know what challenges are associated with the development and scaling of the organization.
- HR & Payroll is your thing; you are passionate about it, and you are highly proficient in interpreting new rules and regulations as well as implementing new processes.
- You are ready to perform tasks from the entire spectrum - from operational tasks to strategic ones related to the delivery of the entire policy/regulation.
- You have a successful track record of implementing policies and regulations in previous companies.
- You have a solid understanding of essential HR and payroll principles, as well as best practices related to HR and payroll management.
- You have practical knowledge of Polish labour law and regulations.
- You have experience with contracts and invoice verification.
- You have experience in supporting work permit acquisition processes.
- You have outstanding organizational ability and responsibility with great attention to detail.
- You take ownership; end-to-end accountability for resolution.
- You have proficiency in the Polish language.
- You have very good English (at least a strong B2), and you are ready for tasks requiring proficiency in the language.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (team-building events, charity engagement)
- Possibility to join Prism – Sumo’s Employee Diversity Group
- An annual game pass of your choice
- The best working tools of your choosing - a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Home-office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
...and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.