If you’re searching for something more than just a workplace, if you want to be a co-creator rather than just another cog in the machine, if you want to go down in the history of the game industry working as a part of great productions – read this ad.
Bloober Team S.A. is not only a leading horror developer, with strong financial ground beneath it, a clear strategy, and perhaps most interestingly, a portfolio of pending productions. Most of all, it’s a place of business with a comfortable and open working atmosphere, and a great team working with passion!
If you’re looking not only for a well-paid job but also for a great atmosphere and the opportunity to be remembered for your work, our studio might be a great place for you.
For our new project, we are looking for a person to take on the position of:
LEAD COMBAT DESIGNER
Within this role you will be responsible for
- working on a studio’s next game as part of the core production team, highly engaged from the early, creative stage,
- managing, mentoring & coaching the Combat Design team, organizing the team’s work and setting up quality standards of the team’s collaboration to help your team realize their designs in the build,
- working closely with the Creative Director and other departments’ Leads, pitching your ideas and working with feedback to define the vision for combat gameplay and further in development act as a vision holder for this gameplay element,
- constant collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in order to design, validate and implement the highest quality of combat mechanics and provide players with the best experience,
- maintaining the constant flow of communication at the highest level to keep the team well informed about the progress, constraints and the general impact of the team's work on the whole project.
Feel free to apply if you have
- min. 4 years of industry experience,
- previous experience in a senior game design role with focus on combat design, as well as experience in managing & mentoring a team,
- excellent understanding of the specifics of the game development production cycle - you know and understand the limitations and challenges that appear both during the conceptual phase and those that may appear in further stages of production,
- a strong grasp of combat design and good understanding of other elements impact, like animation, sound, vfx, in building a high quality combat experience,
- industry experience on at least one AA/AAA title that featured combat mechanics,
- good experience with UE4/5, Unity or other game engine,
- great level of creativity and at the same time analytical skills that allow you to assess what is feasible and what’s not,
- great command of English, both written and oral,
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- team player spirit.
It would be nice if you have
- experience in developing TPP games,
- previous experience working in a Lead position,
- a fondness for horror.
What do we offer
- earnings fitting to your skills and experience,
- long-term cooperation on current and upcoming projects,
- work in a creative environment, in a committed team of game enthusiasts,
- flexible working hours, days off, private healthcare, and working with new technologies,
- remote or onsite work according to your preferences.